Improve Conversions and Security
The PSD2 deadline for compliance with strong customer authentication (SCA) is here. But in 2019 global checkout abandonment was 70%, with $4.6 trillion lost in sales. All players in the payment value chain need to enable secure yet frictionless payments experiences to remain compliant and address this challenge. A strong SCA exemptions strategy can achieve this.
Manage Risk and Liability
Leverage rich transaction information and provide fraud signals up- and down-stream in the value chain to support exemptions approvals, with clarity on fraud liability and risk mitigation.
Enrich Transaction Risk Analysis (TRA)
Provide and consume the richest and most accurate fraud signals for your scoring models to request, apply and approve SCA exemptions.
SCA and Exemptions for Issuing Banks
Issuing banks are the last party in the payments value chain. Final approval of any requested SCA exemption, and the associated liability, demand excellent TRA and fraud scoring.
- Achieve compliance with PSD2 SCA for CNP transactions, including instant payments
- Leverage enterprise-wide fraud vector inputs to TRA and scoring
- Integrate with your access control server to successfully apply exemptions
SCA and Exemptions for Acquirers
Achieve TRA compliance by the deadline to avoid the risk of loss of license, fines or designation as a non-compliant party, and having a halt placed on business.
- Achieve compliance with Article 18 for TRA
- Support 3D Secure 2.X for merchants and PSP customers
- Provide value-added merchant services to manage exemptions as a competitive differentiator
- Leverage behavioral biometrics and other vectors from digital channels for a combined possession and inherence approach
- Allow for more sophisticated rules, adaptive machine learning models and better investigation to reduce false positive rates with authentication strategies and messages in a single solution
SCA and Exemptions for Merchants
While merchants no longer directly control authentication, continued control of your fraud rates and active negotiation of an SCA exemptions strategy with your acquirer is critical.
- Continue fraud screening to keep control of fraud and secure exemptions
- Determine the exemptions you want and actively engage with your acquirer
- Monitor your acquirer’s adherence to TRA fraud metrics
- Maintain the freedom to switch acquirers and re-route transactions
SCA and Exemptions for PSPs
With payments complexity increasing, PSPs need to provide merchant customers with the services and technology to manage exemptions effectively, and access to multiple acquirers to explore and form new relationships.
- Offer robust fraud screening capabilities to your merchants
- Understand the exemption options open to your merchants and ensure you can support them
- Support 3D Secure 2 with a fallback option to 3DS 1
- Enable merchants to switch acquirers, route transactions to acquirers with the best fraud levels and negotiate acquiring services