PCI Compliance Software
Safeguard Data and Stay Ahead of Compliance Requirements
Minimize your organization’s PCI scope and risk of severe financial penalties due to data breaches with ACI’s software solutions
What is PCI Compliance?
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) was designed to provide a baseline of operational and technical requirements for companies accepting or processing payment transactions. PCI compliance is the adherence to this set of 12 requirements and mandated for any company that stores, processes and/or transmits cardholder data. Companies that fail to comply with PCI DSS can incur severe financial penalties, risk data breaches, risk reputational damage, and in the worst-case scenario, lose their right to accept payments from major card schemes.
How Organizations Can Achieve PCI Compliance
The 12 PCI DSS standards are as follows:
- Install and maintain a firewall configuration
- Do not use vendor-supplied defaults for passwords and other security features
- Protect stored cardholder data
- Protect data in transit by encrypting transmissions across open, public networks
- Protect against malicious software and viruses
- Develop and maintain secure systems
- Restrict access to cardholder data
- Authenticate access by giving each person a unique ID
- Control physical access to cardholder data
- Track and monitor access to cardholder data and network resources
- Test security systems and processes
- Maintain a security management policy for employees and contractors
With DSSv4.0 introducing additional controls on top of these standards, achieving and maintaining compliance can seem like a daunting task. ACI’s PCI compliance software suite helps make securing cardholder data simple and prevents potential financial penalties for failure to comply.
Introducing ACI’s PCI Compliance Solutions
Integrated suite of digital billing, payment, disbursement and communication services that lowers the cost of presenting and accepting bill payments while delivering industry-leading security
Point-to-point encryption protects payment data by instantly encrypting the card and customer information from the terminal to the payments switch
Protect your customer data and reduce PCI compliance obligations with single and multiuse tokens
Bill Payment API: Payments Authorization, Processing and Remittance
ACI’s bill payment engine API enables outsourced bill payment processing while you maintain control of the user interface
How Our PCI Compliance Software Works
Point-to-Point Encryption (P2PE)
ACI provides P2PE and PCI-certified validated point-to-point encryption (V2PE) capabilities that prevent payment data from being exposed, even when the data is intercepted, or your system has been compromised.
- Securely encrypt payment card data at the point of interaction
- Safeguard card data throughout the transaction process
- Reduce the scope of PCI compliance
- Reduce the risk of usable cardholder data being stolen during transmission
- Protect against the reputational damage of a breach
Conceal cardholders’ personal information, payment details and more by leveraging tokenization technology. This enables a frictionless customer experience, giving both you and them peace of mind.
- Use omni-tokens across online, mobile, in-store and MOTO payments
- Offer secure “buy online, pick up in-store” and subscription services
- Simplify and speed up the returns process
- Power the seamless omnichannel experience your customers demand
- Combine with P2PE capabilities to enhance data security and PCI compliance
Bill Payments Engine API
ACI’s proven APIs enable billers to outsource bill payment processing, accept payments, manage user enrollment, send reimbursements and search for data — all while retaining complete control over the customer experience.
- Provide pre-configured integrations including mobile app, text message, website, interactive voice response and call center
- Enable flexible payment options with payment scheduling and configurable cut-off dates
- Maintain control with date restrictions, cancellations, modifications and future-dated payments
- Provide a stronger, repeatable consumer touchpoint
- Implement tokenization, removing that data from PCI compliance considerations
Frequently Asked Questions
What is PCI DSS?
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a set of standards designed to establish operational and technical requirements for companies accepting or processing payment transactions in the interest of enhancing payments security.
How can organizations ensure PCI compliance?
To establish and maintain PCI compliance, organizations that accept credit card bill payments must meet 12 operational and technical requirements set out by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council. These organizations can meet these requirements and support PCI compliance by outsourcing their payments processing to an industry expert with a long track record of maintaining compliance, such as ACI Worldwide.
What are the benefits of achieving PCI compliance?
PCI-compliant organizations experience reduced risk of data breach and greater operational efficiency; they are better able to protect their customers and adapt to changing data security standards and regulations and enjoy stronger reputational standing and longer-term customer loyalty.
What are the risks associated with PCI non-compliance?
Failure to comply with PCI DSS can result in fines to the acquiring bank, which are usually passed on to the billing organization or merchant. For repeated violations, the card brands may revoke the biller or merchant’s ability to accept cards entirely. Any breach of consumer payment card data could result in a negative impact to your brand reputation, lost customers and financial consequences.
Secure Bill Payments Solidify Consumer Trust
Discover essential actions and uncover expert insights to deliver world-class security in the ACI Speedpay Pulse 2021 Trend Report.