Cincinnati OH-based Fifth Third Processing Solutions was interested in gaining deeper insight to the performance and transactions flowing through its distributed point-of-sale applications.
You Can’t Solve What You Can’t See
Prognosis Consulting Services developed a custom-built financial transaction management solution using Prognosis Financial Transaction Manager, a generic transaction input capability based on financial messaging standard ISO 8583 to solve these problems:
- Gain a single management view of all transactions across multiple platforms
- Visualize transaction problems such as slow response times or transaction failures
- Receive proactive notification of service problems that might inconvenience customers
- Automate capture and alerting of transaction problems or patterns for investigation
- Incorporate specific fields, and ‘slice and dice’ transaction data from multiple perspectives
- Offer merchant service levels for all transaction processing
Improved Monitoring Delivers Cost and Time Savings
Financial Transaction Manager processes log entries and presents data in real time across a mix of financial applications and platforms. It provides the deep insight Fifth Third Processing Solutions requires, incorporating total transactions, transfers and latency between transactions.
- In-depth monitoring of the in-house developed POS transaction system
- Customized monitoring built from the ground up to specific requirements
- Flexibility to map differing transaction result codes to a “normalized” set of specified codes
- A single set of result codes for operators and other users of the data to work with
- Time and cost savings