Consumers are increasingly engaging with retailers through multiple channels, using multiple payment methods and devices.
These different and evolving purchasing behaviors and the growing demand for omni-channel shopping, browsing and fulfillment options, create a number of challenges for retailers and other merchants, including:
- increased exposure to risk
- greater complexity around fraud management.
ACI commissioned Forrester Consulting to conduct a research study on omni-channel fraud management capabilities in the retail industry. The results are published with commentary and additional insights in an ACI paper entitled, “Managing Fraud in an Omni-Channel World".
- 65% of retailers believe they lack adequate fraud management tools to support effective fraud management in an omni-channel environment
- Only 46% have consolidated fraud management solutions across channels to date
- 54% of retailers say they do not have the skilled staff needed to deal with omni-channel fraud challenges