Defining Immediate Payments
Instant Funds and Confirmation
An immediate payment is an account to account transfer that provides 24x7x365 instant funds availability and confirmation. Payment certainty is based on a “good funds model”.
Driven by Customers and Regulators
The initial push came from regulators. But now, banks are driving this change too as they realize the benefits of overlaying innovative services onto an immediate payments infrastructure.
A Global Phenomenon
Zelle Network plus The Clearing House (TCH) Real-Time Payments, and pan-European SEPA Instant Payments are among new or emerging schemes to go live in 2017. The UK recently took the lead in opening its scheme to everyone with its New Access Model.
Examine How Real-Time Payments and Same-Day ACH Support the Digital Payments Ecosystem
Financial institutions are recognizing the opportunities that immediate payments present. But many Executives are still unclear on the differences between real-time payments and same-day ACH. ACI and Lipis Advisors explore use cases and explain how these systems differ and the benefits that each solution brings to consumers and businesses alike.Read whitepaper
The Changing Real-Time Payments Landscape
Acceleration is a universal trend. Fueling this need for speed is an increasing digital, global and open payments landscape.
- Consumers want fast, free services 24x7x365
- Businesses expect to move money fast and maintain data at the same time
- Regulators are pushing for real-time adoption, too
- The payments industry is having to react faster than ever before
- An immediate payments infrastructure solves for these demands
- For more perspective, watch the video “Global payments market, agility and stability in a fast-changing world”