Supporting Our Customers During COVID-19
Reaffirming Our Customer Commitment
All of us at ACI hope that you and your families are healthy during this unsettling time. As the COVID-19 crisis continues, I want to thank you for trusting ACI to power the payments that are critical to your business and assure you that our entire team remains dedicated to providing uninterrupted service and support. Below we’ve shared details about how we’re responding to this ongoing crisis. Should you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact your ACI account team member.
Thank you for your continued partnership and support.
President and CEO
Ensuring Business Continuity
With a strong Business Continuity Plan in place, we are confident that we have the right systems, processes and people in place to give you the payments support you need during this difficult time.
- ACI has experienced no interruption of service and has no anticipated interruption of service resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Our infrastructure is resilient and distributed, minimizing region-specific risk of disruption.
- Our Crisis Management Team — including key leaders from across the company — meets regularly to ensure the continuity of our business and to support our customers and team members with the most current information.
- All non-essential employees are authorized to work from home.
- Mission-critical employees remain on site and are fully informed of procedures that ensure continuous operations.
- Our Call Center, HELP24 and Premium Customer Support teams remain in place to support you.
- Services and implementation teams remain ready to support all projects and service all customer needs remotely, if necessary.
- Our teams are actively engaging with and monitoring our critical suppliers.
- Our data centers and other critical sites have implemented extra precautions, including temperature checks, mask requirements, work zones and no visitor access.
- We continue to monitor and follow guidelines established by government authorities in the communities in which we operate.
- Customer Letter (November 2, 2020): Protecting the payments that are critical to your business
- Business Continuity Statement (April 30, 2020): ACI’s COVID-19 pandemic response
Keeping Our Employees and Communities Safe
We’ve taken several steps to ensure the health and safety of our employees and their communities, including enabling all ACI employees to work from home and conducting meetings virtually. On-site, mission-critical employees are practicing social distancing and following heightened sanitary guidelines. Self-quarantine guidelines are in place in the event of exposure or illness of any of our employees.
Supporting Your Evolving Needs
Your call center volumes may have increased dramatically as consumers struggle to make payments in the face of the pandemic.
Our new “Delay My Payment” feature — part of our ACI Speedpay moBills capability — provides consumers with an automated process for requesting payment deferrals based on pre-determined criteria directly through their mobile wallet. This means you can support consumers quickly without reliance on call center agents and staff.
ACI Speedpay’s Virtual Collection Agent has a new, PCI-compliant “Manage My Payment” feature that allows you to offer flexible payment options, accept payments and promises to pay, and receive requests for virtual appointments from customers who are behind on payments due to COVID-19.
Contact your Customer Success Manager to access web, social media, email, text message and IVR assets that you can use to educate your consumers about safe, convenient digital payment alternatives.
ACI is continuing to support those of you with brick-and-mortar businesses that remain open during COVID-19.
Many of you have seen a rise in digital payments as governments, companies and consumers avoid cash payments to stem the spread of the virus. You may see a profound shift in consumer payment habits — and ACI can support you as your digital payment volumes grow.
eCommerce transaction volumes have surged across retail sectors and are expected to continue to surge, as consumers turn to online channels to shop for everything from groceries to household essentials and to support work, entertainment, school and more. In parallel, fraud is also on the rise as fraudsters take advantage of this uptick to target unsuspecting consumers and merchants. See our tips for merchants to maintain security during COVID-19.
For Banks & Intermediaries
The COVID-19 crisis has highlighted the importance of digital payments and may hasten the move to real-time and digital payment services globally.
Learn more about the shift to real time with Prime Time for Real-Time, a new report from ACI and Global Data, which analyzes global real-time, account-to-account payment volumes and forecasts across 30 global markets.
In addition, new ACI Issuer features — Installment Pay, Payments Holiday, Credit Card Expiry Bypass and Virtual Cards — can help you offer payment flexibility to credit and debit card customers experiencing financial challenges.