Isolated Payment Appliance (IPA) is an in-store device that reduces the PCI scope of the POS network by isolating the payment portion of the purchase experience away from the POS.
IPA manages the payment portion of your customers' check-out experience by directly driving the payment devices, such as PIN Pads, on behalf of the POS network. This serves to reduce the scope of the POS responsibilities of integrating to new pin pad devices and managing PCI regulations.
- Reduces PCI scope for those parts of the in-store solution that don’t handle payment card data
- Reduces Costs & Complexities associated with managing payment transactions
- Eliminates the need to replace expensive non-PCI compliant POS applications, hardware and networks
- Manages the ACI retail solutions that drive a consistent customer shopping experience
- Manages many of the PCI requirements of a solution handling card sensitive data such as OS patch updates and security logging
- Extends the reduction of PCI scope when bundled with ACI On-Demand services available for the payment switch
- Houses PINComm and Store and Forward Timeout Reversal, which directly drive the payment devices and perform stand-in processing; previously the responsibility of your POS Vendor.
- ACI On-Demand enables retailers to further reduce the scope of PCI as well as costs associated with directly managing a payment switch.
- ACI Retail Commerce Server with In-Store Solutions deliver an end-to-end solution that enables retailers to support more payment types through more channels than any other supplier, at the lowest possible cost.
- ACI Retail Commerce Server is the only integrated platform enabling retailers to directly manage and differentiate their offerings for gift cards, rewards, check acceptance and returns.